Free World War 1 Escape Room Activity
An interactive way for your students to review different topics related to World War 1 in an engaging way!
This World War I Escape Room activity works best as a review, after teaching your WWI unit. (Looking for a high-quality unit? I have a and a more comprehensive that comes with everything you need to teach WW1.)
This is not your average escape activity!
What I love about my History Escapes is that your students do not have to solve the challenges in a specific order, nor do your students have to solve all of the challenges to be successful! This allows for shorter class periods as well as differentiating for your students. You can assign different groups of students a certain number of challenges to solve, and you can choose which challenges they solve. You choose based on your unique classroom situation!
What materials do I need?
There are directions included for 3 options you can use for this Social Studies Escape. You do NOT have to buy locks and boxes if you don’t want to! I have included directions and suggested items if you do want to use locks and boxes. The easiest and cheapest option is to use a manila folder for each challenge (all directions provided). If you don’t want to print student recording pages, you can use the digital lock Google Form option (directions provided).
For all options, you will need the following materials (besides the printed materials included in this resource):
– Manila folders
– Metal brads/paper fasteners for the cypher discs
– small mirrors (student cell phones or iPads would work also)
What is included in this activity?
– Detailed teacher directions
– Detailed challenge instructions for the teacher
– 8 unique challenges with printable props & prep directions
– Clue cards for each challenge
– Detailed answer key for each puzzle
– Student recording page (½ sheet to save paper!)
-Google form for digital lock option (detailed directions included) if you want to use this instead
– Prize ideas
– 30 signs students can choose from to take a picture at the end & editable template
– Links to boxes and locks to purchase IF you decide to use this option
– Reward coupon templates
– Labels for each challenge
World War 1 Escape Room Topics include:
Heather LeBlanc, LLC