This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about World War I that integrates reading and literacy. There are 5 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes 5-8 weeks of materials, depending on if you choose to assign some of the activities as homework. Audios of the reading passages, quizzes, unit test, & modified test are included. This is perfect for students with read aloud accommodations. This unit includes about 6 weeks of materials. This resource can also be easily used for distance/digital learning because all components (except the simulation) are available in a digital format.
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
This unit offers a savings of over 40% versus buying the resources individually.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of the individual lessons listed below are ready-to-go on GOOGLE, so you can easily assign to your students! The quizzes and unit test are also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quizzes and unit test are also self-grading!
The five lessons included in this unit bundle are:
♦Treaty of Versailles
♦New Technologies & Weapons of WWI
♦Causes of WWI
♦Major Battles and Events of WWI
♦War on the Homefront (COMING SOON)
If you have purchased any of the above NO Prep lessons, you have the above lessons, but you do NOT have the supplemental activities (listed below):
This unit includes:
• 6 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 6 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 6 informational reading passages about WWI (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the “paper saver” version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the “note-taking” version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 24 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 6 quizzes
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quizzes
• GOOGLE version of all components
• 6 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test
• audio of reading passages, quizzes, unit test, & modified test
PLUS THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
• 6 graphic organizers (Google version)
• at least 7 interactive notebook foldables (Google version)
• 7 Primary Source Analysis Pack (Google version)
• at least 40 vocabulary cards (Google version)
• Simulation- Western Front: A Soldier’s Life
• Stations (Google version)
• editable study guide (Google version)
• editable unit test with answer key (Google version)
• editable modified unit test with answer key (Google version)
• teacher’s guide with 2 suggested pacing maps
Specific reading skills in this unit are: series of events, cause-effect relationships, central idea, key details, summarization, cite text evidence, integrate multiple sources of information, & meaning of words/phrases using context clues.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 5 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents. I have also included a RAFT task that culminates the simulation. RAFT stands for role, audience, format, and task. It helps give students an authentic writing scenario.
If you have purchased any of my NO PREP WWI lessons, please email me if you are unsure of what additional materials this unit includes.
++++++++++US HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
♦US History Curriculum Complete Course
♦US History Curriculum Vol. 1
♦US History Curriculum Vol. 2
♦Unit 2: Colonial America
♦Unit 3: American Revolution
♦Unit 4: Constitution & A New Nation
♦Unit 5: Age of Jackson & Sectionalism
♦Unit 6: US Civil War & Reconstruction
♦Unit 7: Gilded Age
♦Unit 8: Progressive Era & American Imperialism
♦Unit 9: World War 1
♦Unit 10: Roaring ’20s & Great Depression
♦Unit 11: World War 2
© Brainy Apples
Heather LeBlanc, LLC