Progressive Era & American Imperialism interactive notebook activities pack
This resource includes 10 interactive notebook activities (with a GOOGLE slide version, Easy Notes, & Absent Notes!) that will enhance any Progressive Era & American Imperialism unit. It is aligned to my Progressive Era & American Imperialism Unit Bundle. Each of the activities focuses on one major aspect of the Progressive Era in the United States & American Imperialism of the early 19th century. Students will better understand each concept as well as have their own record of the information to which they can refer during the unit.
Includes reform movements (political reform, labor reform, conservation movement, muckrakers, women’s suffrage, & African-American civil rights); the Panama Canal; President Theodore Roosevelt’s “speak softly big stick” diplomacy; Roosevelt’s Square Deal (conservation, control corporations, & consumer protections); the presidency of William Taft (tariffs, Bull Moose Party, conservation, 16th & 17th Amendments, dollar diplomacy, & trust busting); presidency of Woodrow Wilson (New Freedom, 16th Amendment, banking reform including the Federal Reserve Act, trust busting, moral/missionary diplomacy, women’s suffrage, African-American rights, & the 1916 election); reasons for American imperialism; lands claimed by the U.S. including land in the Pacific, the Hawaiian Kingdom, & Alaska; China Relations; & the Spanish-American War.
There are FIVE options for each activity:
- Traditional- students cut out, glue, and write the information
- Matching- students cut out, match, and glue the information (perfect for students who might need extra support with the content)
- Easy Notes- students are given the blank graphic organizer, and they write the information (perfect for when you don’t want cutting & gluing)
- Absent Notes- students are given the already completed graphic organizer page (perfect for absent students)
- Google Slides- students can type the information on the blank graphic organizer (perfect for paperless classrooms)
Looking for something more comprehensive? Check out my Progressive Era & Imperialism curriculum unit. THIS RESOURCE IS INCLUDED IN THIS CURRICULUM PACK.
++++INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ACTIVITY PACKS Available++++
♦Constitution & A New Nation
♦Age of Jackson & Sectionalism
♦Progressive Era & American Imperialism
♦World War 1
♦Roaring ’20s & Great Depression
♦World War 2
© Brainy Apples
Heather LeBlanc, LLC