Roaring ’20s & Great Depression Lesson Plans
This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about the Roaring ’20s & Great Depression that integrates reading and literacy. There are 6 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. Audios of the reading passages, quizzes, unit test, & modified test are included. This is perfect for students with read aloud accommodations. This unit includes about 6 weeks of materials. This resource can also be easily used for distance/digital learning because all components (except the simulation) are available in a digital format.
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM. This can be used as a homeschool curriculum, too.
This unit offers a savings of over 40% versus buying the resources individually.
The 6 lessons included in this curriculum unit are:
♦Post WW1 Issues
♦Economic Boom of the 1920s
♦Culture of the ’20s & ’30s
♦Causes of the Great Depression
♦Life During the Great Depression
♦The New Deal
If you have purchased any of the above No Prep lessons, you have the above lessons, but you do NOT have the supplemental activities.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE, so you can easily assign to your students! The quizzes, unit test, and modified test are also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test are also self-grading!
This Roaring ’20s & Great Depression Lesson Plans unit includes:
• 6 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 6 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 6 informational reading passages about the 1920s & 1930s (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the “paper saver” version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the “note-taking” version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 24 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, data analysis, significant people, political cartoon, literary works, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 6 quizzes
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quizzes
• GOOGLE version of all components
• 6 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test
• audio of reading passages, quizzes, unit test, & modified test
PLUS THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
• 6 graphic organizers (Google version)
• 73 vocabulary cards (Google version)
• 6 primary source analysis (Google version)
• 10 interactive notebook foldables (Google version)
• stations (Google version)
• Simulation: Life of a Farmer (Google version)
• editable study guide with answer key
• editable unit test with answer key
• editable modified test with answer key
• teacher’s guide with suggested pacing map
Specific reading skills in this unit are: relationships in a text/cause & effect; unknown words & phrases; citing textual evidence & making inferences; text structure; and central ideas & summary.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 6 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents.
If you have purchased any of my NO PREP Roaring ’20s & Great Depression lessons, please email me if you are unsure of what additional materials this unit includes.
++++++++++US HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
♦US History Curriculum Complete Course
♦US History Curriculum Vol. 1
♦US History Curriculum Vol. 2
♦Unit 2: Colonial America
♦Unit 3: American Revolution
♦Unit 4: Constitution & A New Nation
♦Unit 5: Age of Jackson & Sectionalism
♦Unit 6: US Civil War & Reconstruction
♦Unit 7: Gilded Age
♦Unit 8: Progressive Era & American Imperialism
♦Unit 9: World War 1
♦Unit 10: Roaring ’20s & Great Depression
♦Unit 11: World War 2
© Brainy Apples
Heather LeBlanc, LLC