Gilded Age Interactive Notebook Activities Pack
This resource includes 6 interactive notebook activities (with 2 GOOGLE slide versions, Easy Notes, & Absent Notes!) that will enhance any late 19th century US History unit. It is aligned to my Gilded Age unit bundle. Each of the activities focuses on one major aspect of the Gilded Age era in the United States. Students will better understand each concept as well as have their own record of the information to which they can refer during the unit.
Want to try a FREE interactive notebook pack? You can download my free Interactive Notebook Sampler Pack to get a closer look!
Includes influences of the railroad industry (specialization, transportation, natural resources, time zones, & establishment of small towns); labor unions (treatment of workers, National Labor Union, Knights of Labor, American Federation of Labor, American Railway Union, & Industrial Workers of the World); westward expansion effects on Native Americans (legislative acts, conflicts, impact on the buffalo, & live on reservations); industries of the West (mining, cattle, railroad, & farming); causes of immigration to the U.S. (religious persecution, poverty, unemployment, & political unrest); and immigrant influences on the U.S. (societal, political, nativism, & urbanization).
There are SIX options for each activity:
- Traditional- students cut out, glue, and write the information
- Matching- students cut out, match, and glue the information (perfect for students who might need extra support with the content)
- Easy Notes- students are given the blank graphic organizer, and they write the information (perfect for when you don’t want cutting & gluing)
- Absent Notes- students are given the already completed graphic organizer page (perfect for absent students)
- Google Slides- students can type the information on the blank graphic organizer (perfect for paperless classrooms)
- Google Slides Drag-and-Drop: students can drag-and-drop text boxes into the blank graphic organizer (perfect for paperless classrooms & a quick activity)
++++INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ACTIVITY PACKS Available++++
♦US History Bundle
♦Indigenous Peoples of North America
♦Constitution & A New Nation
♦Age of Jackson & Sectionalism
♦Progressive Era & American Imperialism
♦World War 1
♦Roaring ’20s & Great Depression
♦World War 2
© Brainy Apples/Heather LeBlanc, LLC