Constitution & A New Nation interactive notebook activities pack
This resource includes 11 interactive notebook activities (with 2 GOOGLE versions, Easy Notes, & Absent Notes!) that will enhance any early US History unit. It is aligned to my Constitution & A New Nation Unit Bundle. Each of the activities focuses on one major aspect of the Constitution and early US history period. Students will better understand each concept as well as have their own record of the information to which they can refer during the unit.
Includes important facts about the strengths & weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation, Bill of Rights, branches of government, Federalists & Anti-Federalists, George Washington’s precedents, Alien & Sedition Acts, loose vs. strict construction of the Constitution, presidency of Thomas Jefferson (including Louisiana Purchase, westward expansion, slavery, and relationship with Native Americans), causes and outcomes of the War of 1812, and the presidency of James Monroe (including the American System, Missouri Compromise, Monroe Doctrine, and sectionalism).
There are SIX options for each activity:
- Traditional- students cut out, glue, and write the information
- Matching- students cut out, match, and glue the information (perfect for students who might need extra support with the content)
- Easy Notes- students are given the blank graphic organizer, and they write the information (perfect for when you don’t want cutting & gluing)
- Absent Notes- students are given the already completed graphic organizer page (perfect for absent students)
- Google Slides- students can type the information on the blank graphic organizer (perfect for paperless classrooms)
- Google Slides Drag-and-Drop: students can drag-and-drop text boxes into the blank graphic organizer (perfect for paperless classrooms & a quick activity)
Looking for something more comprehensive? Check out my Constitution & A New Nation Curriculum Unit. THIS RESOURCE IS INCLUDED IN THIS CURRICULUM PACK.
++++INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ACTIVITY PACKS Available++++
♦Constitution & A New Nation
♦Age of Jackson & Sectionalism
♦Progressive Era & American Imperialism
♦World War 1
♦Roaring ’20s & Great Depression
♦World War 2
© Brainy Apples/Heather LeBlanc, LLC