The Cold War Lesson Plans
PowerPoints, Passages, Activities, Quizzes
This resource pack is a no-prep complete unit (GOOGLE version included!) about the Cold War that includes 4-5 weeks of materials. There are 6 complete Cold War lesson plans, an editable study guide, editable unit test (GOOGLE version included!), & editable modified unit test (GOOGLE version included!) in this bundle. Audios of the reading passages, quizzes, modified unit test, & unit test are also included and are perfect for students with read-aloud accommodations. This resource can also be easily used for distance/digital learning because all components are available in a digital format.
You will save 25% by purchasing the bundle.
Looking for complimentary resources that align with this unit?
Vocabulary Word Wall
Primary Source Analysis Pack- COMING SOON
Interactive Notebook Activity Pack- COMING SOON
Simulation- COMING SOON
Stations- COMING SOON
Unlock History’s Secret Vaults™- COMING SOON
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE, so you can easily assign to your students! The quiz is also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quiz is also self-grading!
Looking for something more comprehensive? My Cold War curriculum unit will be coming soon!
WANT TO TRY A FREE NO-PREP LESSON? DOWNLOAD MY COLD WAR SUPERPOWERS TO CHECK IT OUT!
Lessons included in this unit bundle are:
♦Containment & Proxy Wars
♦Presidencies of Harry Truman & Dwight Eisenhower
♦Presidencies of John F. Kennedy & Lyndon B. Johnson
♦Presidencies of Richard Nixon & Gerald Ford
♦Presidencies of Jimmy Carter & Ronald Reagan
Includes 6 complete NO PREP Cold War lesson plans with…
• 6 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes (PowerPoint presentations include carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons)
• 6 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentation Editable slotted notes included!
• 6 informational reading passages about the Cold War (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the “paper saver” version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the “note-taking” version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 24 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, data analysis, literary works, political cartoon, and a literacy connection) per lesson. Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 6 quizzes
• editable study guide
• editable unit test
• editable modified test
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, quizzes, study guide, & tests
• GOOGLE version of all components
• 6 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test
• audio of reading passages, quizzes, unit test, & modified test
→Short on time?←
Simply give students the reading passage, and they can complete the activities independently. All information needed for the activities is contained in the reading passage! These can also be used for homework.
Perfect for sub plans!
These lessons require ZERO prep for substitute plans. Students can easily check their own answers with the included answer keys.
++++++++++US HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
♦US History Curriculum Complete Course
♦US History Curriculum Vol. 1
♦US History Curriculum Vol. 2
♦Unit 2: Colonial America
♦Unit 3: American Revolution
♦Unit 4: Constitution & A New Nation
♦Unit 5: Age of Jackson & Sectionalism
♦Unit 6: US Civil War & Reconstruction
♦Unit 7: Gilded Age
♦Unit 8: Progressive Era & American Imperialism
♦Unit 9: World War 1
♦Unit 10: Roaring ’20s & Great Depression
♦Unit 11: World War 2
==========NO PREP UNITS FOR US HISTORY==========
→Indigenous Peoples of North America Unit Bundle
→Colonial America Unit Bundle
→American Revolution Unit Bundle
→Constitution & A New Nation Unit Bundle
→Age of Jackson & Sectionalism Unit Bundle
→American Civil War Unit Bundle
→Reconstruction Unit Bundle
→Gilded Age Bundle
→Progressive Era & U.S. Imperialism Unit Bundle
→World War 1 Unit Bundle
→Roaring ’20s & the Great Depression Unit Bundle
→World War 2 Unit Bundle
→Cold War Bundle
→Civil Rights Movement Unit Bundle
© Brainy Apples
Heather LeBlanc, LLC