This item is a comprehensive CURRICULAR UNIT (GOOGLE version included!) about the US Civil War and Reconstruction Era that integrates reading and literacy. There are 8 complete lessons included in this bundle PLUS supplemental activities. This unit includes about 8 weeks of materials. I will be adding an audio of each passage soon!
THIS UNIT CAN BE USED AS A STAND ALONE CURRICULUM. This can be used as homeschool curriculum, too.
This unit offers a savings of over 40% versus buying the resources individually.
The 8 lessons included in this curriculum unit are:
♦Causes of the US Civil War
♦Major Battles of the US Civil War
♦The North & South US Civil War
♦Abraham Lincoln US Civil War
♦Key People of the US Civil War
♦Political Impacts of Reconstruction
♦Economic Impacts of Reconstruction
♦Social Impacts of Reconstruction
If you have purchased any of the above NO Prep lessons, you have the above lessons, but you do NOT have the supplemental activities.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quizzes, unit test, and modified test are also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test are also self-grading!
This unit includes:
• 8 PowerPoint presentations that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes
• 8 slotted notes pages so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentations (which includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lessons) Editable slotted notes included!
• 8 informational reading passages about the American Civil War & Reconstruction (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the “paper saver” version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the “note-taking” version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 32 activities (4 per lesson) (key terms, dates & events, significant items, significant people, political cartoon, geographical connection, and a literacy connection) Three of the four activities PER lesson have two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• 8 quizzes
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quizzes
• GOOGLE slides of all components
• 7 GOOGLE Form self-grading quizzes, unit test, & modified unit test
• AUDIO OF READING PASSAGES COMING SOON!
PLUS THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIVITIES:
• 8 graphic organizers
• 6 Civil War interactive notebook foldables
• 5 Civil War primary source analysis
• 59 Civil War vocabulary cards
• 31 Reconstruction Vocabulary Word Wall Pack
• 3 Reconstruction primary source analysis
• 5 Reconstruction interactive notebook foldables
• 6 stations
• Simulation- Tour of Duty
• editable study guide with answer key
• editable unit test with answer key
• editable modified test with answer key
• teacher’s guide with suggested pacing map
• You can download the FREE 4 Reconstruction Era stations
Specific reading skills in this unit are: relationships in a text/cause & effect; text structure; central ideas & summary; citing textual evidence & making inferences; unknown words & phrases; and integrating multiple sources of information.
You will be easily integrating reading with your social studies content because the 8 graphic organizers focus on one specific reading skill per organizer, AND students will be analyzing primary documents.
If you have purchased any of my NO PREP US Civil War or Reconstruction lessons, please email me if you are unsure of what additional materials this unit includes.
++++++++++US HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
♦US History Curriculum Complete Course
♦US History Curriculum Vol. 1
♦US History Curriculum Vol. 2
♦Unit 2: Colonial America
♦Unit 3: American Revolution
♦Unit 4: Constitution & A New Nation
♦Unit 5: Age of Jackson & Sectionalism
♦Unit 6: US Civil War & Reconstruction
♦Unit 7: Gilded Age
♦Unit 8: Progressive Era & American Imperialism
♦Unit 9: World War 1
♦Unit 10: Roaring ’20s & Great Depression
♦Unit 11: World War 2
© Brainy Apples
Heather LeBlanc, LLC