Age of Jackson & Sectionalism interactive notebook activities pack
This resource includes 9 interactive notebook activities (with 2 GOOGLE versions, Easy Notes, & Absent Notes!) that will enhance any early US History unit. It is aligned to my Age of Jackson & Sectionalism Unit Bundle. Each of the activities focuses on one major aspect of the early 19th century US history era. Students will better understand each concept as well as have their own record of the information to which they can refer during the unit.
Includes important facts about the Industrial Revolution (including factories, protective tariffs, the National Bank, new transportation, inventions, and new modes of communication), presidency of Andrew Jackson (including universal male suffrage, Native American removal, Jacksonian Democracy, the spoils system, the Nullification Crisis, and the Second Bank of the United States), Texas path to statehood, westward expansion (including the Manifest Destiny, Texas annexation, Oregon Territory, Oregon Trail, the California Gold Rush, California statehood, the Mexican Cession, the Gadsden Purchase, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), immigration of the early 19th century, social reform movements (including temperance movement, transcendentalism, prison reform, asylum reform, public education reform, women’s rights movement, abolition movement, slavery and treatment of free African Americans in the North and South, government involvement regarding slavery (including the Missouri Compromise, the Compromise of 1850, the Kansas-Nebraska Act, slave codes, anti-slavery political parties, and the Dred Scott vs. Sandford Supreme Court case), and the fight to end slavery (including literature, speeches, anti-slavery societies, rebellions, and the Underground Railroad).
There are SIX options for each activity:
- Traditional- students cut out, glue, and write the information
- Matching- students cut out, match, and glue the information (perfect for students who might need extra support with the content)
- Easy Notes- students are given the blank graphic organizer, and they write the information (perfect for when you don’t want cutting & gluing)
- Absent Notes- students are given the already completed graphic organizer page (perfect for absent students)
- Google Slides- students can type the information on the blank graphic organizer (perfect for paperless classrooms)
- Google Slides Drag-and-Drop: students can drag-and-drop text boxes into the blank graphic organizer (perfect for paperless classrooms & a quick activity)
Looking for something more comprehensive? Check out my Age of Jackson & Sectionalism curriculum unit. THIS RESOURCE IS INCLUDED IN THIS CURRICULUM PACK.
++++INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ACTIVITY PACKS Available++++
♦Constitution & A New Nation
♦Age of Jackson & Sectionalism
♦Progressive Era & American Imperialism
♦World War 1
♦Roaring ’20s & Great Depression
♦World War 2
© Brainy Apples/Heather LeBlanc, LLC